References in this Policy to the “Privacy Act” are to the Privacy Act 1993 (until 30 November 2020) and to the Privacy Act 2020 (as amended or replaced from time to time) (from 1 December 2020, being the date that the Privacy Act 2020 comes into force).
Additional rights and obligations
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Types of personal information we collect
The personal information we collect will vary depending on the services you use, and your interactions with us. For example, we may collect your:
- name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, date of birth;
- health information relating to your ability to visit sites or take part in Trust events and activities;
- information relating to your relationship with the Trust, for example:
- if you are applying for a scholarship or grant, then we will require certain personal information requested in the appropriate application form, such as proof of New Zealand residency, proof of enrolment in a construction or property related qualification at an eligible faculty, education details, work experience details, financial details of yourself and/or your family, and any other information requested by the Trust for the purposes of assisting with your application;
- reports prepared by you as a recipient of a scholarship or grant;
- photographs of your involvement in activities related to the Trust, as a recipient of a scholarship or grant;
- if you are a trustee or sponsor/supporter, then we may require certain personal information from you; and
- feedback that you provide.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from a third party if you authorise us to do so. For example, in relation to your application for a scholarship or grant we may seek information from your referees, tutors, teachers or lecturers, previous employers and or family members.
Information about other people
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Trust may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for the general operation of the Trust and our relationship with you – whether as sponsor, partner, trustee, applicant or recipient of scholarships or grants;
- for providing scholarships or grants or assessing your application for these;
- for assisting you in finding work or work experience (paid or unpaid, voluntary or otherwise); and
- for the purposes of promoting the Trust and its work and activities, including its work with and involvement of the Trust’s key scholarship partners, sponsors and supporters, which may involve
- sending you marketing communications by email and other electronic means (e.g., via newsletters), unless you have opted out of such marketing;
- using your profile and other personal information in social media posts, impact reports, careers booklets and profile booklets (including on our Website) unless you notify us that you do not wish to participate in such activities;
- for any other purpose authorised by you or permitted by law.
We also use aggregated and anonymous information (where identifiable characteristics are removed, so that you will remain anonymous) for statistical and research purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Trust may share your personal information with the following parties:
- our key scholarship partners, sponsors, supporters and individuals who are part of our mentor programme, all of whom support the work of the Trust; please note that we will only pass personal information on to prospective employers or sponsors with your permission;
- our related companies and organisations, including the Keystone Foundation, partners, contractors and service providers (including IT services providers), who assist us with the operation of the Trust; and
- any other party authorised by you or to whom we are required or authorised to disclose personal information in accordance with applicable law.
We require any third-party service providers to adhere to appropriate confidentiality and privacy requirements.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of your information is very important to us. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect personal information that we hold. However, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we are not able to guarantee the security of any information that you hold or that you transmit to us.
We rely on you to update us if your contact details change (please refer to the Contact Us section below).
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. Please refer to the Contact Us section below.
Keystone New Zealand Property Education Trust
Email: Amanda Stanes, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 09 375 7453
Postal: PO Box 142, Shortland Street, Auckland 1040
Physical: 25 Hargreaves Street, St Marys Bay, Auckland