School Leaver's ScholarshipsKeystone Trust offers a number of Study Awards/scholarships to school leavers who have circumstantial and financial need, who are heading onto tertiary study specific to a career in property/construction/infrastructure.
As one of the most significant scholarships available to property and construction students in Aotearoa New Zealand, you will receive financial assistance, mentoring and wellbeing support, as well as networking opportunities that are an invaluable part of your learning experience.
Each of these scholarships has its own criteria, please see below for information on our 2023 scholarships.
I am a school student
I am a tertiary student
The Keystone Trust Study Award
Applications are open to secondary school leavers or those who are entering tertiary study (eg: university or polytechnic) for their first year of study to an approved course.
Our Study Awards are specifically for those who have challenging life and financial circumstances for whom study would be difficult without assistance. An approved course of study can be found in the list below, however, as a general statement, we support study towards a property or construction related degree in New Zealand.
A limited number of Keystone Study Awards are presented each year. Each Award includes a scholarship of $5,000.00 per annum for a period of three years, and also offers mentoring and networking opportunities across all of our sponsor family. As a member of the Keystone whanau, you will gain exposure through work experience opportunities, events and mentoring programmes and also gain access and insights to some of the leading organisations in the sector.
The 2023 Keystone Trust Study Awards applications open on 1 June 2022.
Read more about the Study Award
This Study Award is open to secondary school leavers within New Zealand or those entering tertiary study for their first year of study to an approved course, and who meet the specified criteria below. Applicants must:
- Be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand;
- Demonstrate financial hardship or circumstantial need;
- Intend to study a property or construction related tertiary qualification, or a course of study aligned to the built environment, including but not limited to:
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Property
- Bachelor of Land & Property Management
- Bachelor of Business Studies (Property)
- Bachelor of Urban Planning
- Bachelor of Construction
- Bachelor of Building Science
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor of Spatial Design
- Bachelor of Surveying
- Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Property conjoint
- Bachelor of Building Science
Haven’t seen your degree, but think you might still be eligible? Talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening date: 1 June 2022
Closing date: 12 August 2022
Application: By online form only
A Study Award is valued up to $5,000.00 per annum ($2,500 per semester). It is paid for each year in which the Award applies and is to be used towards fees, course costs, living costs and accommodation as each term commences. The Award is available for a period of three consecutive years.
In considering the granting of awards the Trustees will be advised by a selection panel comprising representatives from the Keystone Trust and elected representatives.
Applications must be completed by the applicant and will only be accepted on the prescribed application form, which must be submitted no later than 5.00pm on 12 August 2022.
Any enquiries should be made to email@example.com or call 09 375 7453.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to attend an online interview on 21, 22 or 23 September 2022 at a place in New Zealand to be nominated by the Keystone Trust.
Following interviews, the selection panel will make a recommendation to the Trustees for the following year’s recipients along with any specific terms and conditions of the Student Study Award.
The Trustees will have the sole and unfettered discretion to grant the Study Award, and will determine in their discretion the scholarship to be offered to any successful applicant, the amount and period of each scholarship, and the terms and conditions applying to each Study Award.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All applications must be received by the date and time stipulated and via the online form.
Successful applicants will be required to accept in writing an offer by the Trustees of the grant of the Award upon the following conditions and any other conditions as the Trustees shall consider to be appropriate:
- a) The Recipient must continue to meet the eligibility criteria for the Award.
- b) The Recipient must not accept any other bursary, scholarship or financial assistance specifically related to the course in excess of $5000 without the approval of the Trustees providing this shall not preclude the acceptance of any scholarship or bursary awarded by examination.
- c) The Recipient must make full and continuing disclosure to the Trust of all other sponsors or sources of financial assistance in relation to their studies.
- d) The course of study shall not be changed after the Award is made without the approval of the Trustees
- e) The Recipient must agree to make available to the Trust results of all tests and examinations which count for year-end results.
- f) The Recipient shall submit written reports on the progress of the course of study at such intervals as the Trustees shall require.
- g) The Recipient must complete their course of tuition without interruption. Failure to pass in any year or any decision to defer completion of the course of study or if the course of study is not completed in accordance with the conditions whether in whole or in part, the Award shall be forfeited and any amounts advanced maybe requested to be refunded upon demand.
- h) All publicity associated with the grant of the Award to the Recipient shall be determined by the Trust and the Recipient shall make no announcement in respect of the Award without the written approval of the Trust.
- i) The Recipient may be required to be present at the Trust’s Awards or to make available appropriate material for presentation.
Study Award Flyer
THE KEYSTONE TRUST PINK BELUGA SCHOOL LEAVER SCHOLARSHIP 2023
Founded in 2015 our company lives up to its name Pink Beluga, much like the beluga whale we are unique. This magnificent mammal has adapted to the arctic, discarding its dorsal fin to be able swim beneath the ice surface.
Like our unique namesake, Pink Beluga has evolved the way property development and management works – we’ve shed our dorsal fin, added a bit of colour and a human touch. Because property is about people. Every office, every apartment, every building we work on is built for people. Pink Beluga is for the people.
The Keystone Trust Pink Beluga School Leaver Scholarship 2023 Applications open on 1 June.
Read more about The Pink Beluga Scholarship
This school leaver scholarship is open to secondary school leavers within New Zealand or those entering tertiary study for their first year of a Bachelor of Property at The University of Auckland, and who meet the specified criteria below. Applicants must:
- Be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents
- Demonstrate financial hardship or circumstantial need
- Demonstrate a passion for and desire to work in the property industry
- Have enrolled, or intend on enrolling, in the Bachelor of Property (and/or conjoint with Law, Business or another appropriate degree course) at The University of Auckland in 2023
- Demonstrated commitment to the community
- Academic grades showing potential for success
A Keystone Trust student ‘buddy’ will be available to assist you with the transition from secondary to tertiary study. (NB: this student buddy may or may not be studying the same degree)
In the final two years of your degree, you will be provided with the opportunity to gain work experience at Pink Beluga
Pink Beluga will appoint a mentor to you during the period of your scholarship with them.
The Keystone management team will be there to support you as part of the Keystone family.
$5,000 per annum towards course-related costs for the length of the degree (maximum of three years).
In considering grants of Awards, the Trustees will be advised by a selection panel comprising representatives of Trustees and representatives from Pink Beluga.
Applications must be completed by the Applicant on the prescribed form of application online via the Keystone Trust Website and submitted by 5.00pm, 12 August 2022.
The Applicant may be invited to attend an interview with representatives from Pink Beluga and the Trust’s selection panel. The selection panel will then make a recommendation to the Trustees as to the successful applicant(s), the amount of the Scholarship and the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
Pink Beluga and the Trustees will have the sole and unfettered discretion to grant the Scholarship and will determine in their discretion the scholarship to be offered to any successful applicant, and the amount and period of each scholarship, and the terms and conditions applying to each scholarship.
Do you want to build your own future?
Check out our guide to careers, qualifications, university and Keystone Scholarships.