School Leavers ScholarshipsKeystone trust offers a number of Scholarships to School Leavers that are heading into tertiary education.
As one of the most significant scholarships available to property and construction students, they not only include financial assistance but also offer a mentoring programme and networking opportunities that are an invaluable part of your learning experience.
Each of these scholarships has its own criteria, please see below for information on our 2021 Scholarships.
I am a school student
I am a tertiary student
The Keystone Trust Study Award
The Study Award scholarships are open to all school leavers from challenging circumstances intending to study a property or construction related degree in New Zealand.
Ten Keystone Study Awards are presented each year. Each Award includes financial assistance of $5,000.00 per annum for a period of three years, and also offers mentoring and networking opportunities across all of our sponsor family. Through being part of the Keystone family, you will gain exposure through work experience opportunities, events and mentoring programmes, and get to know some of the best organisations in the sector.
The 2021 Keystone Trust Study Awards applications open on the 2nd of June
This Scholarship is open to all schools within New Zealand and school leavers that meet the specified criteria.
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand
- Financial hardship or circumstantial need
- Intending to study a property or construction related tertiary qualification, including
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Property
- Bachelor of Land & Property Management
- Bachelor of Business Studies (Property)
- Bachelor of Urban Planning
- Bachelor of Construction
- Bachelor of Building Science
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor of Spatial Design
- Bachelor of Surveying
- Bachelor of Law and Property conjoint
Haven’t seen your degree but think you might be eligible? Talk to us at email@example.com
Read more about the Study Award
The Study Award value of up to $5,000.00 per annum ($2,500 per semester), will be paid for each year in which the award applies and is to be used towards fees, course costs and accommodation as each term commences. The Award is available for a period of three consecutive years, and may only be extended beyond this consecutive three years period if approved by the Trust, on application.
In considering grants of awards the Trustees will be advised by a selection panel comprising representatives from the Keystone Trust and elected representatives.
Opening date: 2 June 2020
Closing date: 14 August 2020
Application: By form (either downloaded or electronically submitted via the Keystone Trust website)
Applications must be completed by the Applicant on the prescribed form of application, and submitted by 5.00pm on 14 August 2020 to:
Postal address: Keystone Trust, PO Box 142, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140
Courier address: Level 8, SAP Building, 151 Queen Street, Auckland 1010
Any enquiries should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 09 375 7453.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to attend an interview on 24 or 25 September 2020 at a place in New Zealand to be nominated by the Keystone Trust. The Keystone Trust will arrange for any necessary air travel and airport transfers, or pay towards cost of car travel (petrol) for any short-listed applicants outside of the Auckland region.
Following interviews, the selection panel will make a recommendation to the Trustees as to the successful applicant’s), the amount and the terms and conditions of the Student Study Award.
The Trustees will have the sole and unfettered discretion to grant the Student Study Award, and will determine in their discretion the scholarship to be offered to any successful applicant, and the amount and period of each scholarship, and the terms and conditions applying to each Student Study Award.
Terms and Conditions
PURSUANT TO THE PRIVACY ACT 1993 THE FOLLOWING IS BROUGHT TO YOUR ATTENTION:
This Application for the Keystone Trust Student Study Award collects personal information about you. The information collected to evaluate your application must be completed by the Applicant on the prescribed form of application (either downloaded or electronically submitted via the Keystone Trust website, and submitted to Keystone by the closing date.
The Trustees will have the sole and unfettered discretion to grant the Student Study Award, and will determine in their discretion the Student Study Award to be offered to any successful Applicant, and the amount and period of each Student Study Award, and the Terms and Conditions applying to the Student Study Award.
The intended recipient of the information is Keystone Trust.
The information is being collected and held by Keystone Trust.
The failure to provide this information prior to 14 August 2020, at which time the information you have provided will be used for consideration by the selection panel to nominate the recipient of the 2019 Student Study Award, may result in your application for this Student Study Award being declined.
You do have the rights of access to, and correction of, this information subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
Successful applicants will be required to accept in writing an offer by the Trustees of the grant of the award upon the following conditions and such other conditions as the Trustees shall consider to be appropriate:
- a) The Recipient must continue to meet the eligibility criteria for the award.
- b) The Recipient must not accept any other bursary, scholarship or financial assistance specifically related to the course without the approval of the Trustees providing this shall not preclude the acceptance of any scholarship or bursary awarded by examination.
- c) The Recipient must make full and continuing disclosure to the Trust of all other sponsors or sources of financial assistance in relation to his or her studies.
- d) The course of study shall not be changed after the award is made without the approval of the Trustees
- e) The Recipient must agree to make available to the Trust results of all tests and examinations which count for year-end results.
- f) The Recipient shall submit written reports on the progress of the course of study at such intervals as the Trustees shall require.
- g) The Recipient must complete his/her course of tuition without interruption. Failure to pass in any year or any decision to defer completion of the course of study or if the course of study is not completed in accordance with the conditions whether in whole or in part, the award shall be forfeited and any amounts advanced shall be refunded upon demand.
- h) All publicity associated with the grant of the award to the Recipient shall be determined by the Trust and the Recipient shall make no announcement in respect of the award without the written approval of the Trust.
- i) Recipient may be required to be present at the Awards Evening of the Trust or to make available appropriate material for presentation.
Do you want to build your own future?
Check out our guide to careers, qualifications, university and Keystone Scholarships.