Please read the T&C’s below and then complete the online application form.
INFORMATION, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MILES CONSTRUCTION SCHOLARSHIP 2022
Miles Constriction is Canterbury owned company based in Auckland and Christchurch, servicing projects nationwide. The company has been operating since November 2006 and has been progressively growing a team of highly motivated and professional staff. With in-house architectural designers and a dedicated team of Quantity Survey team, Project Managers and external consultants, we excel at design and building projects of every scale and type. At Miles Construction it’s about supporting and giving young people the opportunity to realise their dream job in the industry. By partnering up with Keystone Trust, we are able to be a part of a young person’s journey, to help them reach their goals.
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand
- Based in Auckland or Christchurch
- Have successfully completed at least one year of course work by the end of 2021, in a construction related tertiary qualification such as
- Bachelor of Construction
- Bachelor of Building Science
- Have atleast one more full year of full-time study to complete in 2022
- Provide evidence of their financial situation
The scholarship value of up to $5,000.00 per annum ($2,500 per semester), will be paid for each year in which the award applies and is to be used towards fees, course costs and accommodation as each semester commences. The scholarship is available for two semesters as determined by the Trustees and Miles Construction.
In considering grants of awards the Trustees will be advised by a selection panel comprising representatives of Trustees and representatives from Miles Construction.
Closing date: 5.00 pm, 13 August 2021
Application by form (either downloaded or electronically submitted via the Keystone Trust website)
Applications must be completed by the applicant on the prescribed online application form and be submitted by 5.00 pm, 13 August 2021.
Any enquiries about an application should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 09 375 7453.
The applicant may be invited to attend an interview with the selection panel. The selection panel will then make a recommendation to the Trustees as to the successful applicant, the amount of the scholarship and the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
The Trustees will have the sole and unfettered discretion to grant the Scholarship and will determine in their discretion the scholarship to be offered to any successful applicant, and the amount and period of each scholarship, and the terms and conditions applying to each scholarship.
PROGRAMME FOR DETERMINING THE SCHOLARSHIP
Applications open: 1 June 2021
Closing date for applications: 5.00 pm, 13 August 2021
Scholarship interview date: TBC
Scholarships Awards Evening: 21 October 2021
Terms and Conditions
All applications must be received by the date and time stipulated and via the online form.
Successful applicants will be required to accept in writing an offer by the Trustees of the grant of the Award upon the following conditions and any other conditions as the Trustees shall consider to be appropriate:
This Application Keystone Trust Miles Construction Scholarship collects personal information about you. The information collected to evaluate your application must be completed by the Applicant on the prescribed form of application (either downloaded or electronically submitted via the Keystone Trust website, and submitted to Keystone by the closing date.
The Applicant may be invited to attend an interview with the selection panel comprising representatives of Trustees and representatives from Miles Construction. The selection panel will then make a recommendation to the Trustees as to the successful applicant’s), the amount of the Scholarship and the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
The Trustees will have the sole and unfettered discretion to grant the Scholarship, and will determine in their discretion the scholarship to be offered to any successful Applicant, and the amount and period of each scholarship, and the Terms and Conditions applying to the scholarship.
The intended recipient of the information is Keystone Trust.
The information is being collected and held by Keystone Trust.
The failure to provide this information prior to 5.00 pm, 13 August 2021, at which time the information you have provided will be used for consideration by the selection panel to nominate the recipient of the 2022 Scholarship, may result in your application for this Scholarship being declined.
You do have the rights of access to, and correction of, this information subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
Successful applicants will be required to accept in writing an offer by the Trustees of the grant of the award upon the following conditions and such other conditions as the Trustees shall consider to be appropriate:
- a) The applicant must continue to meet the eligibility criteria for the award.
- b) The Recipient must not accept any other bursary, scholarship or financial assistance specifically related to the course without the approval of the Trustees providing this shall not preclude the acceptance of any scholarship or bursary awarded by examination.
- c) The Recipient must make full and continuing disclosure to the Trust of all other sponsors or sources of financial assistance in relation to his or her studies.
- d) The course of study shall not be changed after the award is made without the approval of the Trustees.
- e) The Recipient must agree to make available to the Trust results of all tests and examinations which count for year-end results.
- f) The Recipient shall submit written reports on the progress of the course of study at such intervals as the Trustees shall require.
- g) The Recipient must complete his/her course of tuition without interruption. Failure to pass in any year or any decision to defer completion of the course of study or if the course of study is not completed in accordance with the conditions whether in whole or in part, the award shall be forfeited and any amounts advanced shall be refunded upon demand.
- h) All publicity associated with the grant of the award to the Recipient shall be determined by the Trust and the Recipient shall make no announcement in respect of the award without the written approval of the Trust.
- i) Recipient may be required to be present at the Awards Evening of the Trust or to make available appropriate material for presentation.
OBLIGATIONS OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
The following guidelines outline the Trustees’ expectations of Recipients of Miles Construction Scholarship 2022:
- a) The Trust expects the Recipient will familiarise and have a good understanding of both the history and the objectives of the Trust and Miles Construction to enable promotion of the Trust to others as called upon either in an official or unofficial capacity.
- b) The Recipient is to provide to the Trust upon request a short report of results and general progress by the Recipient in his or her course of study at the end of each semester.
- c) The Recipient is to provide to the Trust at the end the Recipient’s course of study in each year:
- a comprehensive summary of the Recipient’s results
- a personal review by the Recipient of the year, commenting on the highs and lows and any changes the Recipient is intending to implement in the next academic year (unless last year).
- a summary of the Recipient’s goals and plans for the next year, both academic and personal (unless last year).
- d) Recipients of the Keystone Miles Construction Scholarship are expected to act as ambassadors for the Trust and Miles Construction and attend events organized by the Keystone Trust throughout their time as a Keystone student.
Miles Construction Scholarship 2022
Administered by Keystone New Zelaland Property Eductaion Trust