Please read the T&C’s below and then complete the online application form.
INFORMATION, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE BUILDING INTELLIGENCE GROUP KEYSTONE TRUST SCHOOL LEAVER SCHOLARSHIP 2022
This Scholarship is open to all schools within New Zealand and school leavers that meet the specified criteria.
- A strong intent to have a career in Construction Project Management. Whatever degree, you need to show your desire and commitment to becoming a Project Manager
- A basic understanding of Construction Project Management, please refer to The Building Intelligence Group website & the brochure below.
- A personal drive to succeed, with a can-do attitude
- A willingness and ability to lead and support – sporting, academic, community, school etc.
- The personal skills to overcome challenges and adversity
- An aptitude to problem-solve – showing good listening and collaboration skills
- Academic grades showing potential for success
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand
- Provide evidence of financial hardship or circumstancial need
The scholarship value of up to $5,000.00 per annum ($2,500 per semester) for three years, will be paid for each year in which the award applies and is to be used towards fees, course costs and accommodation as each semester commences. The scholarship is available for two semesters as determined by the Trustees and The Building Intelligence Group.
A Keystone ‘buddy’ will be available to assist you with the transition from high school to university.
The Building Intelligence Group will appoint a mentor internally to help transition the scholarship recipient into the professional services and project management sector.
The Keystone management team will be there to support you as part of the Keystone family.
In considering grants of Awards, the Trustees will be advised by a selection panel comprising representatives of Trustees and representatives from The Building Intelligence Group.
Applications must be completed by the Applicant on the prescribed form of application online via the Keystone Trust Website and submitted by 5.00pm, 13 August 2021.
The Applicant may be invited to attend an interview with representatives from The Building Intelligence Group and the Trust’s selection panel. The selection panel will then make a recommendation to the Trustees as to the successful applicant(s), the amount of the Scholarship and the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
The Building Intelligence Group and the Trustees will have the sole and unfettered discretion to grant the Scholarship and will determine in their discretion the scholarship to be offered to any successful applicant, and the amount and period of each scholarship, and the terms and conditions applying to each scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
All applications must be received by the date and time stipulated and via the online form.
Successful applicants will be required to accept in writing an offer by the Trustees of the grant of the Scholarship upon the following conditions and any other conditions as the Trustees shall consider to be appropriate:
- a) The Recipient must continue to meet the eligibility criteria for the Scholarship.
- b) The Recipient must not accept any other bursary, scholarship or financial assistance specifically related to the course in excess of $5000 without the approval of the Trustees providing this shall not preclude the acceptance of any scholarship or bursary awarded by examination.
- c) The Recipient must make full and continuing disclosure to the Trust of all other sponsors or sources of financial assistance in relation to their studies.
- d) The course of study shall not be changed after the Scholarsip is made without the approval of the Trustees and The Building Intelligence Group.
- e) The Recipient must agree to make available to the Trust results of all tests and examinations which count for year-end results.
- f) The Recipient shall submit written reports on the progress of the course of study at such intervals as the Trustees shall require.
- g) The Recipient must complete their course of tuition without interruption. Failure to pass in any year or any decision to defer completion of the course of study or if the course of study is not completed in accordance with the conditions whether in whole or in part, the Award shall be forfeited and any amounts advanced maybe requested to be refunded upon demand.
- h) All publicity associated with the grant of the Scholarship to the Recipient shall be determined by the Trust and the Recipient shall make no announcement in respect of the Scholarship without the written approval of the Trust.
- i) The Recipient may be required to be present at the Trust’s Awards or to make available appropriate material for presentation.
OBLIGATIONS OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
The following guidelines outline the Trustees’ expectations of Recipients of 2022 TBIG School Leaver Scholarship:
a) The Trust expects the Recipient will familiarise and have a good understanding of both the history and the objectives of the Trust to enable promotion of the Trust to others as called upon either in an official or unofficial capacity.
b) The Recipient is to provide to the Trust upon request a short report of results and general progress by the Recipient in his or her course of study at the end of each semester.
c) The Recipient is to provide to the Trust at the end the Recipient’s course of study in each year:
- a comprehensive summary of the Recipient’s results.
- a personal review by the Recipient of the year, commenting on the highs and lows and any changes the Recipient is intending to implement in the next academic year (unless last year).
- a summary of the Recipient’s goals and plans for the next year, both academic and personal (unless last year).
d) Recipients of the TBIG School Leaver Scholarship are expected to act as ambassadors for the Trust and will be required to attend events organised by the Keystone Trust throughout their time as a Keystone Student.
The Building Intelligence Group Keystone Trust School Leaver Scholarship Application Form 2022