School Leaver's ScholarshipsKeystone Trust offers a number of Study Awards/scholarships to school leavers who have circumstantial and financial need, who are heading onto tertiary study specific to a career in property/construction/infrastructure.
As one of the most significant scholarships available to property and construction students in Aotearoa New Zealand, you will receive financial assistance, mentoring and wellbeing support, as well as networking opportunities that are an invaluable part of your learning experience.
Each of these scholarships has its own criteria, please see below for information on our 2022 scholarships.
I am a school student
I am a tertiary student
The Keystone Trust Study Award
Applications are open to secondary school leavers or those who are entering tertiary study (eg: university or polytechnic) for their first year of study to an approved course.
Our Study Awards are specifically for those who have challenging life and financial circumstances for whom study would be difficult without assistance. An approved course of study can be found in the list below, however, as a general statement, we support study towards a property or construction related degree in New Zealand.
A limited number of Keystone Study Awards are presented each year. Each Award includes a scholarship of $5,000.00 per annum for a period of three years, and also offers mentoring and networking opportunities across all of our sponsor family. As a member of the Keystone whanau, you will gain exposure through work experience opportunities, events and mentoring programmes and also gain access and insights to some of the leading organisations in the sector.
The 2022 Keystone Trust Study Awards applications are now open, and will close on the 13th of August 2021.
Read more about the Study Award
This Study Award is open to secondary school leavers within New Zealand or those entering tertiary study for their first year of study to an approved course, and who meet the specified criteria below. Applicants must:
- Be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand;
- Demonstrate financial hardship or circumstantial need;
- Intend to study a property or construction related tertiary qualification, or a course of study aligned to the built environment, including but not limited to:
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Property
- Bachelor of Land & Property Management
- Bachelor of Business Studies (Property)
- Bachelor of Urban Planning
- Bachelor of Construction
- Bachelor of Building Science
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor of Spatial Design
- Bachelor of Surveying
- Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Property conjoint
- Bachelor of Building Science
Haven’t seen your degree, but think you might still be eligible? Talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening date: 1 June 2021
Closing date: 13 August 2021
Application: By online form only
A Study Award is valued up to $5,000.00 per annum ($2,500 per semester). It is paid for each year in which the Award applies and is to be used towards fees, course costs, living costs and accommodation as each term commences. The Award is available for a period of three consecutive years.
In considering the granting of award,s the Trustees will be advised by a selection panel comprising representatives from the Keystone Trust and elected representatives.
Applications must be completed by the applicant and will only be accepted on the prescribed application form, which must be submitted no later than 5.00pm on 13 August 2021.
Any enquiries should be made to email@example.com or call 09 375 7453.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to attend an online interview on 23 or 24 September 2021 at a place in New Zealand to be nominated by the Keystone Trust.
Following interviews, the selection panel will make a recommendation to the Trustees for the following year’s recipients along with any specific terms and conditions of the Student Study Award.
The Trustees will have the sole and unfettered discretion to grant the Study Award, and will determine in their discretion the scholarship to be offered to any successful applicant, the amount and period of each scholarship, and the terms and conditions applying to each Study Award.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All applications must be received by the date and time stipulated and via the online form.
Successful applicants will be required to accept in writing an offer by the Trustees of the grant of the Award upon the following conditions and any other conditions as the Trustees shall consider to be appropriate:
- a) The Recipient must continue to meet the eligibility criteria for the Award.
- b) The Recipient must not accept any other bursary, scholarship or financial assistance specifically related to the course in excess of $5000 without the approval of the Trustees providing this shall not preclude the acceptance of any scholarship or bursary awarded by examination.
- c) The Recipient must make full and continuing disclosure to the Trust of all other sponsors or sources of financial assistance in relation to their studies.
- d) The course of study shall not be changed after the Award is made without the approval of the Trustees
- e) The Recipient must agree to make available to the Trust results of all tests and examinations which count for year-end results.
- f) The Recipient shall submit written reports on the progress of the course of study at such intervals as the Trustees shall require.
- g) The Recipient must complete their course of tuition without interruption. Failure to pass in any year or any decision to defer completion of the course of study or if the course of study is not completed in accordance with the conditions whether in whole or in part, the Award shall be forfeited and any amounts advanced maybe requested to be refunded upon demand.
- h) All publicity associated with the grant of the Award to the Recipient shall be determined by the Trust and the Recipient shall make no announcement in respect of the Award without the written approval of the Trust.
- i) The Recipient may be required to be present at the Trust’s Awards or to make available appropriate material for presentation.
Keystone Study Award Scholarship
Study Award Flyer
The Building Intelligence Group Keystone Trust School Leaver Scholarship 2022
The Building Intelligence Group has led the way in independent project management for 3+ decades. Our clients know that the real magic is in the people that we trust to put at the front of their projects right across Aotearoa New Zealand. We invest in people right from the very beginning, which is why we’ve created The Building Intelligence Group and Keystone Trust Scholarship.
We encourage ambition and a desire to learn and excel for all our people. Project Management is a career that requires skilled professionals with an eye for detail. We’re proud to be able to open the door to young people who have that raw talent, to support the future of our construction sector. Our long association with Keystone Trust has seen us nurture and employ study award recipients over the years and we have a Keystone alumni working in our Auckland office.
The Building Intelligence Group and Keystone Trust Scholarship is all about helping a young person through their whole degree as they head towards a goal of becoming a project manager.
The Building Intelligence Group Keystone Trust School Leaver Scholarship 2022 Applications are now open, and will close on the 13th of August 2021.
Read more about The Building Intelligence Group Scholarship
This Scholarship is open to all schools within New Zealand and school leavers that meet the specified criteria.
- A strong intent to have a career in Construction Project Management. Whatever degree, you need to show your desire and commitment to becoming a Project Manager
- A basic understanding of Construction Project Management, please refer to The Building Intelligence Group website & the brochure below.
- A personal drive to succeed, with a can-do attitude
- A willingness and ability to lead and support – sporting, academic, community, school etc.
- The personal skills to overcome challenges and adversity
- An aptitude to problem-solve – showing good listening and collaboration skills
- Academic grades showing potential for success
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand
- Provide evidence of financial hardship or circumstancial need
A Keystone ‘buddy’ will be available to assist you with the transition from high school to university.
In the final two years of the student’s degree, you will be provided with the opportunity for work experience at The Building Intelligence Group.
The Building Intelligence Group will appoint a mentor internally to help transition the scholarship recipient into the professional services and project management sector.
The Keystone management team will be there to support you as part of the Keystone family.
$5,000 per annum towards course-related costs for each year of the degree, up to three years.
In considering grants of Awards, the Trustees will be advised by a selection panel comprising representatives of Trustees and representatives from The Building Intelligence Group.
Applications must be completed by the Applicant on the prescribed form of application online via the Keystone Trust Website and submitted by 5.00pm, 13 August 2021.
The Applicant may be invited to attend an interview with representatives from The Building Intelligence Group and the Trust’s selection panel. The selection panel will then make a recommendation to the Trustees as to the successful applicant(s), the amount of the Scholarship and the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
The Building Intelligence Group and the Trustees will have the sole and unfettered discretion to grant the Scholarship and will determine in their discretion the scholarship to be offered to any successful applicant, and the amount and period of each scholarship, and the terms and conditions applying to each scholarship.
The Building Intelligence Group Keystone Trust School Leaver Scholarship
Do you want to build your own future?
Check out our guide to careers, qualifications, university and Keystone Scholarships.